Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Let's be charitable and forgiving of Congressman Trey Dowdy

Well, I received criticism about unflattering descriptions I made about South Carolina Republican Congressman Trey Gowdy, in a blog about the daunting Behghazi Inquisition Committee (BIC) hearings.  


Mrs. Clinton certainly rose above the inquisition

On Thursday, October 22, 2015, Congressman Gowdy led a daunting 11 hour inquisition, whereby the BIC relentlessly quesitoned Secretary (and Democratic presidential candidate) Hillary Clinton, about the tragic events of September 11, 2012, when Libyan Ambassador Chris Stephens was murdered, with three of his highly trained security team, in Benghazi.  

When I researched Congressman Gowdy's wepage, I found the slogan "South Carolina Strong" as a lead banner.  Gulp! It took me awhile to rise above the plagerism in that image, as I've cut and pasted here. Congressman Gowdy gets and "F" for creativity on this webpage design. Surely, Gowdy can (and should) do better:

Oh paaaaleeeze Congressman Gowdy!  Surely you can do better than this plagerism.

Nevertheless, I'm motivated to follow Mrs. Clinton's professional lead. I'll attempt to rise above the inquisition Congressman Gowdy led, as he and Republican colleagues vainly tried to create another scandal about the Benghazi tragedy. In other words, I apologize to Congressman Gowdy, for comparing him to characters in a Saturday Night Live (SNL) skit along with other imagry.

Likewise, I would expect Congressman Gowdy to apologize to Mrs. Clinton for his committee's inquisition and relentless challenge to her qualified leadership, during the Benghazi hearing.

Bio:
Harold Watson "Trey" Gowdy III is the U.S. Representative for South Carolina's 4th congressional district, a lawyer and former prosecutor. He is a member of the Tea Party (in other words, the right wing) movement within the Republican Party.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home