Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

ANA files brief in support of individual mandate | National Nursing News

ANA files brief in support of individual mandate | National Nursing News

As a member of the American Nurses Association - Maine and chair of the legislative committee, I'm proud to be part of a professional association to support health care reform. Many people simply don't realize how all of us are paying real dollars to cover the cost of care for the uninsured. The individual mandate is similar to other "mandates", or requirements to purchase home owners insurance or automobile insurance, except, with health care coverage, the chances are good for most beneficiaries to use their benefit- and, to improve their health!

If the individual mandate in the new health care reform law is stuck down by the US Supreme Court, I submit the mandates for all other insurances are also at risk.

Let's hope legal briefs in support of the health care insurance coverage will prevail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home