Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Wednesday, October 02, 2024

I think therefore I cannot support Donald Trump! Everytime I see a Trump sign causes me to worry about the integrity of the person who is behind it

Echo opinion letters published in The New York Times:
Trump Insults Harris’s Mental Fitness, Adding to Questions About His Own:  Re Republicans Fault Trump Over Insults to His Rival” (news article, Sept. 30):
The New York Times report that Donald Trump referred to Kamala Harris, a woman of color, as being born “mentally disabled” while he maintains that Joe Biden, a white man, became mentally disabled. That’s nothing new. It’s Mr. Trump’s old playbook.

He has referred to Representative Maxine Waters of California, a 
Black woman, as “low I.Q. Maxine Waters.” I have seen nothing to indicate that Kamala Harris is mentally disabled or that Maxine Waters has a “low I.Q.”

By questioning the mental capacity of women of color Trump is trying to send a not-so-subtle subliminal message about people of color being “less than,” and, therefore “less deserving,” than whites.

This is a continuation of Mr. Trump’s long history of racism. 
Trump has demonstrated time and again that he is unfit to serve as president.

From Dave Schraeger, Hamilton, N.J.

To the Editor:  Regarding Donald Trump calling Kamala Harris “mentally disabled” and “mentally impaired”: By most measures Vice President Harris won the presidential debate against Mr. Trump. What does that say about Mr. Trump’s mental acuity?

From John G. Williams in Wayne, Pa.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home