Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Hillary will be a "darn good" President - reported in The Hill


Carlos Gutierrez became one of several Republicans last week to diverge from the party and back Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee for president.

Said the former Secretary of US Commerce:
"I think ... Hillary Clinton is the best for the country. I'm not thinking about it as a Republican. I'm thinking about it as a U.S. citizen," Gutierrez said on CNN's "State of the Union."
Secretary Carlos Gutierrez
Mr. Gutierrez is an American former CEO and former United States Secretary of Commerce. He is currently Co-Chair of Albright Stonebridge Group, a strategic advisory firm. Gutierrez is a former Chairman of the Board and CEO of the Kellogg Company. He served as the 35th U.S. Secretary of Commerce from 2005 to 2009.
"I think at some point you have to put the party aside and think about what's best for the country. I don't want to live in a society that Donald Trump will create."

He said Clinton "has the experience" to be president and learned about growing the economy from her husband, President Bill Clinton, the 42nd President of the United States from 1993-2001.

"I think she'd make a darn good president," said the former Jeb Bush supporter, reports The Hill.

He also slammed Donald Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, for being backed by David Duke, a white supremacist and former Ku Klux Klan leader, who happens to be running for the U.S. Senate, in Louisiana.

"He's under Trump's platform. Is that a trend? Are we going to see more of that? Is that the kind of society we're going to become? 


Are we going back 50 years? I don't want to go back 50 years."

Indeed, Mr. Gutierrez correctly reveals the euphemism behind the Trumponian racist "make American great" theme. In reality, the Trump slogan is a right-wing and wrong-minded concept about a Caucasian America, a state of mind which, obviously, no longer exists.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home