Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Putting a halo on Dorothy Day shows her no love | National Catholic Reporter

Putting a halo on Dorothy Day shows her no love | National Catholic Reporter

I've been interested in the life of Dorothy Day ever since being invited to participate in a discussion about her biographical video titled "Entertaining Angels", starring Moira Kelly and Martin Sheen.

This article in the National Catholic Reporter (NCR) is another perspective on the Dorothy Day cause for sainthood.  I suspect Dorothy Day's "miracle", an intervention worthy of notice before being declared "blessed," will be to see if her cause for sanctity moves forward, at all. Rather than a "cure", usually the sign required, her biography alone is a story of conversion and even miraculous redemption. In fact, Dorothy Day was not the sort of person one would pick out of a group and say, "Look, she might be a saint someday".  No way.

Nevertheless, as certain miracles are required to be evaluated, based on there being no probable earthly intervention, then Dorothy Day's life story is certainly qualified to be in this mysterious category. There's no way an earthly intervention would bring Dorothy Day's cause forward.  Rather, her inspirational life story stands as the miracle for her cause. In my opinion.




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home