Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Saturday, August 31, 2024

Donald Trump set up the Afghanistan withdrawal but went to Arlington to politicize those who died there

Echo opinion letter published in The Washington Post (Democracy Dies In Darkness):
My father, Colonel Niklaus J.A. Keller, M.D., who served in the Army during World War II, the Korean War and the Vietnam War, is buried in Arlington National Cemetery. I believe that he, and other service members interred there, would be shocked seeing former president Donald Trump’s use of this space to stage a political event.

Anyone who has buried a spouse, parent, brother or sister at Arlington would be appalled, too, especially because Trump set up the end of conflict in Afghanistan. Staged political events do not belong at Arlington.

From:  Susan Keller, Naples, Florida
Even Trump should know to keep Arlington Cemetery a campaign-free zone

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home