Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Friday, August 30, 2024

Donald Trump spews egregious political rhetoric spreads highly virulent toxicity

Echo opinion published in CapTimes a Madison Wisconsin newspaper:  Dear Editor: I feel fortunate to have listened to at least a portion of Gen. Mark Milley's retirement speech.
To my mind, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff was a true leader, a man of great integrity who always kept his oath to our Constitution. 

I am still awaiting the condemnation of Donald Trump from any Republican who might be outraged at the former president's statements that Milley should be executed.

Trump insults the military and disregards the sacrifices of the "suckers" who were captured or wounded. He has stated that he doesn't want veterans who have lost limbs at any official events because "no one wants to see that."

The degree of the politically violent rhetoric and the level of toxicity that Trump posts on social media is egregious. The very thought that Trump, who is entirely unqualified to become our commander in chief, might once again assume that role should be alarming to everyone.

From Mary Lou Reisch Madison, Wisconsin

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home