Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Monday, July 25, 2022

Protect women's lives by supporting pro-choice policy

Women will die as a result of the dangerous reversal of Roe V. Wade by the US Supreme Court!

Roe v. Wade reversal is outrageous; it’s time to vote!
An echo opinion letter published in the Summit Daily newspaper circulated in Frisco, Colorado.
Dear Editor, I was disappointed by the Supreme Court reversal of Roe v. Wade. In thinking about it over the past couple of weeks, however, I’m now hopeful that the court decision will ultimately support the women who vote to uphold their right to abortion and protect them from being forced to carry to term a fetus conceived via rape or incest.

I’m an example voter. I have conservative family members that base their vote solely on the abortion issue. I personally didn’t think Roe would be overturned, so abortion hasn’t been a “litmus test” voting issue for me.

Well now it is!

Going forward, I will verify that a candidate is pro-choice before I vote for them. In Pew research (circa last month), 61% of US adults say abortion should be legal in all or most cases.

Reversing Roe will have the net effect of turning a lot of nonactivist moderates (like me) into activists. It is forcing everyone to rethink exactly where they stand and this will ultimately be a good thing for reproductive rights.

Just vote! From Tom Moore in Dillon, Colorado 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home