Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Monday, February 28, 2022

Ukraine flashbacks: Chamberlain and Hitler 1938 and Cuba 1962

"Cuba and Ukraine."  Echo opinion letter published in The Tucson Star

Oh My Dear Ukraine 

America's support for the sovereign nation of Ukraine is comparable to Russia’s aggressive act of placing nuclear missiles in Cuba, sixty years ago. (Cuban Missile Crises October 16, 1962 – October 28, 1962)

A flight of fancy so divorced from reality smells like Republican propaganda. I checked, and sure enough, Tucker Carlson of Fox propaganda, I mean News, claims that Ukraine is of no particular importance to the U.S. And Donald Trump says Putin’s move into Ukraine is "super smart".  (Maine Writer: Ha! So smart that today Feb. 28, 2022, the Russian Ruble is useless currency valued at $0.01! How "smart" is that?)

(Unfortunately!) I voted for Trump in 2016, liking his idea of America first, but four years later I realize the importance of sovereignty for all nations.
Neville Chamberlain and Adolf Hitler September 24, 1938

Neville Chamberlain's placating of Hitler led to WW2. Let’s not placate Putin and end up fighting WW3.

From Robert Mann, Northwest side (Tucson)

And this:  Response from reader Steve Rasmussen "Vladimir Putin is suspected of being a primary psychopath. Combine this with his latest threat to use nuclear weapons, and we have a real cluster flub in the works."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home