Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Sunday, June 13, 2021

Republican deserve shaming about the Rep. Liz Cheney treatment

Rep. Liz Cheney: "We need to make sure that the American people recognize and understand that the election wasn't stolen, that we shouldn't perpetuate the Big Lie, and that there is real danger."
Congresswoman Liz Cheney (R-Wyoming) is the daughter of Vice-President Dick Cheney

"I have worked in countries around the world where we don't have peaceful transitions of power. And all of us who are elected officials have got to make sure that we obey and abide by the oath that we swore to the Constitution."

Bipartisan echo opinion letters about Rep. Liz Cheney (R):
The Republican inept handling of the daughter of an American Vice-President, Dick Cheney, has created bipartisan sympathy for the brave Congresswoman from Wyoming.

Published in the Los Angeles Times:

Republican:

To the Editor: After the ouster of Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) from House Republican leadership, I sent the following letter to party Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel. 

I urge like-minded individuals to do the same:

“I am a senior citizen who has been a registered Republican as long as I can remember. I am not usually a letter writer, but I felt it important to tell you why I withdrew today from the Republican Party.

“The Republican Party used to be a party of principles and reason. But over the last several years it has supported or winked at lie after lie, including: the birther lie, the ‘very fine people on both sides’ lie, the COVID is a hoax lie, the election was stolen lie, and the insurrection was a peaceful protest lie.

“Now, the party ousts from its House leadership a person who tells the truth. Others in party leadership have become cult leaders, promoting lies for money and power, sucking up to a minority of conspiracy theorists. Our democracy is being destroyed.

“I can no longer be part of a political party that has at its foundation a platform of lies. No other issue really matters. I will never vote for any Republican until the madness is exorcised from the party.”

John Darago, Thousand Oaks

Democrat

To the editor: As an 88-year-old lifelong liberal Democrat, I doubt that Cheney and I would agree much on policy. But listening to her address her colleagues made me, as an American and a woman, so proud of this patriot.

It is so important for our country to have two thoughtful, honest parties to keep our democracy thriving, and Cheney represents the best kind of politician. I hope there are more like her.

Elaine Lubkin, Los Angeles

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home