Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Thursday, April 05, 2018

Thank you Tulsa World letter ~ echo supports #MarchForOurLives

From Kathy J. Hunter of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma published in Tulsa World

#MarchForOurLives

God bless the protesting youth who have the courage and intelligence to realize that grown-ups are unwilling and disinterested in protecting them from rogue gunmen breaking into their schoolhouses and shooting them dead.

School shootings have been happening for years while parents, politicians and preachers merely shrugged and talked about how awful it is without mobilizing against it. The assumption was always that the government had a plan to take care of it. And for that, I am just as guilty as anyone.

As adults, we carry a burden of shame like no generation before us. Our youth proudly act to focus the heritage we have so long taken for granted. We are witnessing a return to democracy.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home