Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Las Vegas victims- registered nurse saved his wife

Sonny Melton RN and his wife Heather Melton*, an orthopedic physician- Mr. Melton lived in Big Sandy, Tenn., and was a registered nurse at Henry County Medical Center in Paris, Tenn. Heather Melton, his wife, is an orthopedic surgeon there, and officials from the center will provide counselors to staff who are struggling to deal with the mass gun violence murders.
JACKSON, Tennessee - Less than 24 hours after learning of his son’s death, James Melton memorialized his son, Sonny, and his surviving wife, Heather, as heroes in a post on his Facebook page.

Sonny was one of the more than 50 killed in the shooting in Las Vegas late Sunday night during a country music festival that was wrapping up with a Jason Aldean concert.

Sonny Melton, a 29-year-old nurse, was among the 22,000-strong crowd at the Route 91 Harvest festival with his wife, Heather Melton.  His grieving widow has described how she would have died were it not for his quick actions when bullets started flying through the air.

“He saved my life. He grabbed me and started running when I felt him get shot in the back," she told a radio station in Tennessee. "I want everyone to know what a kind-hearted, loving man he was, but at this point, I can barely breathe."

In a Facebook post she said she had lost her “true love and knight in shining armour”.

"At this point, I'm in complete disbelief and despair,” she wrote. “I don't know what to say. Sonny was the most kind-hearted, loving man I have ever met. He saved my life and lost his.”

*Dr. Heather Melton is an orthopedic surgeon in Paris, Tennessee and is affiliated with Henry County Medical Center.

MaineWriter: All gun violence is preventable.  My sincere condolences to all victims of gun violence.  As a registered nurse, I extend our professional condolences to the family and loved ones who knew and will miss Sonny Melton, R.N.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home