Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Echo from Alaska- Democrat thanks Senator Murkowski

Fairbanks Daily-News Miner- a Democrat writes this letter to the editor:

Aug.15

To the editor: (from Fairbanks) I’ve lived here more than 40 years and I’m a Democrat. But I am an Alaskan first. I voted for Sen. Ted Stevens every chance I got because I knew he always put Alaska needs above everything else.

Sen. Lisa Murkowski has shown she has the courage to do the same. Despite tremendous pressure from her own party, she did what was right for our state.

Unfortunately, our junior senator, Sen. Dan Sullivan, bowed to the pressure. He could not see what we need to send now to the federal government is a unified voice from Alaska. Apparently, he does not realize what he’s done affects a large part of his constituency.

I believe in democracy. If all the people whom he has harmed show up next election, then when he is out of a job, he might get it. 
I have a long memory. I am going to do everything I can to ensure he is not re-elected.
U.S. senators have six-year terms. It will take awhile to get him out. Register to vote. For the system to truly work for the most people, you must become part of the process and make your voice heard. Make the effort. It’s in your best interest.

And again, thank you Sen. Murkowski, for standing up for Alaskans.  ---  
Terry Bradner, Fairbanks 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home