Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Monday, July 03, 2017

Kansas City Star Letter from a nurse - do it right health care


Do it right

When I was in nursing school in 1976, I hoped that someday the United States would have a system to take care of all citizens’ health care needs. 

Someday finally came! It was in the form of the Affordable Care Act. Now, however, it seems that most of those gains may be lost.

Are we really willing to rob our most vulnerable and poor to give tax cuts to our wealthiest? I bet Mitch McConnell’s wife, Elaine Chao, a member of President Donald Trump’s cabinet, will never have a worry about women’s care if Planned Parenthood is defunded.

The very wealthy can afford the best preventative health care, and they don’t have to give it a thought. Dr. Sharon Lee’s clinic on Southwest Boulevard certainly can attest to the effect being poor and disadvantaged has on overall health and wellness.

Senators, take your time and fix this. Ignore the harping about this and that. Allow us to know what truly is in the bill.

We are watching your performance. 

Elections in 2018 and 2020 are coming up.

Pamela Saltzman, Lenexa Kansas

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home