Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Monday, July 03, 2017

Nebraska echo- Letter to editor: Senate needs humane bill

Senator Ben Sasse and Senator Deb Fischer of Nebraska, must be reading letters to the editors published in their state's newspapers. 

Here's an echo post, from among the many, written by Joe Shaw of Lincoln, Nebraska, published in the Lincoln Journal Star newspaper.
Senator Ben Sasse has the ability to prevent his constituents from the harmful impact of an unnecessary repeal of the successful Affordable Care Act

LINCOLN, Nebraska- I urge our senators to vote no on the repeal of the Affordable Care Act. I count many friends and family members among the 22 million Americans who will lose insurance.

At 57 and with diabetes, which is under control, I am afraid my pre-existing condition and age will result in much higher premiums that my family just can't afford.

Congress, if it wished, could fix the problems with the ACA, with an aim of lowering and controlling the spiraling costs of healthcare. Why isn't this their aim? I am baffled by both the Senate and the House bills, which mostly seem to be cuts to Medicaid in order to provide tax cuts to the richest 1 percent.
I implore our senators to represent us all and craft a humane healthcare bill that will work for all Americans.

Joe Shaw, Lincoln

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home