Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Friday, October 14, 2016

Is there any difference between "basket of deplorables" and a swamp of crazy?

There's no difference between the two unflattering lables when it comes to describing the right wing Republicans who can't see or think beyond their own frenzied rhetoric.

President Barack Obama offered his own insight Thursday night in Ohio, on the phenomenon that is Republican nominee Donald Trump, saying Trump is a monster of the GOP’s making. 
Donald Trump is the most controversial man in America.
It's impossible to understand how any voters who call themselves decent human beings can support his political ambitions.

“They’ve been feeding their base all kinds of crazy for years,” Obama said of the Republican Party’s inflammatory messages to voters. “Don’t act like this all started with Donald Trump.... He took it to a new level, I’ll give him credit,” he said at the Ohio Democratic Party fundraiser. 

Trump’s rise to Republican presidential nominee “is in the swamp of crazy that has been fed over and over and over and over again” to voters, he said. “If I watched Fox News, I wouldn’t vote for me, I understand. If I was listening to Rush Limbaugh, I’d say, ‘Man, this is terrible.’” He noted that Trump didn’t speak for all Republicans, however. “The problem is that not all Republicans think the way this guy does,” he said, adding that many had confided to him that they’re “just trying to get through this.”

Nevertheless, Linda Tirodo in "The Daily Beast" warns:

WORRY
Trump’s Speech: Dog Whistles to the Sovereign-Citizen Set:
Trump’s Thursday speech (parallel to the magnificent one delivered to First Lady Michelle Obama in Manchester NH), marked a turning point. There is now no scenario in which this country repudiates him and merely goes about its business.

In other words, be afraid, very afraid, of a post election Trumponian eruption.  Even the conservative Charles Krauthammer wrote about how he is worried.

Did I say there was no difference between "deplorables" and a "swamp of crazy"?  There's one major political difference. Indeed, that difference is to elect a sane, responsible and experienced leader.  American must vote for progress and elect Secretary Hillary Clinton and Senator Tim Kaine to lead the free world.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home