Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Sunday, October 31, 2021

Republicans are voting for greed over democracy

Since I began voting in Montana for over 40 years, I have always had trust in our voting system. 

Echo opinion letter published in the Missoulian, a Montana newspaper.


Along with being a political wizard and an inventor, was Benjamin Franklin a prophet? “When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” ― Benjamin Franklin


But, for the recent mayoral election (in Missoula)... I hand-carried my vote to the Russell Street voting center because I lack trust that the Republican state legislature will protect our vote. Rather, the Republicans will suppress the votes of Native Americans and college students (and others) who don't believe the 2020, election was stolen and don't believe voter suppression is needed to stop fraud.

The post office in Montana is now degraded because Republican-appointed U.S. Postmaster General Louis DeJoy has systematically suppressed mail service. It is also wrong to disable same-day registration/voting. 

College IDs are sufficient to identify college voters. These laws just suppress democratic federation free voting and push the big lie of 2020 voter fraud.

It is bad that I now have to hand-carry my vote to the center rather than mail it because Republicans have made us untrusting in our democracy's voting procedures — all because they require total government power.

From Mike O'Lear in Missoula Montana

Maine Writer:  In my opinion, Republicans have a nefarious goal to support their greed agenda, rather than to protect democracy.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home