Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Senator Grassley does not remember his oath of office: #Iowa

To the Editor: Opinion echo published in The Standard- an official newspaper of Alamakee County, Iowa:

Senator Charles Grassley, Representatives Ashley Hinson and Mariannette Miller-Meeks, and Governor Kim Reynolds have sworn an oath to support the U.S. Constitution which entails protecting and defending it against all enemies foreign and domestic. 
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

And yet, there they were at a rally in Des Moines, IA, lending their support to the man who organized and led the failed coup that attempted to overthrow our free and fair election. Trump continues to spew his Big Lie in an attempt to set the stage for a successful coup in 2024.

If elected leaders refuse to defend democratic voting procedures, democracies die. Republicans have truly become the anti-democratic and authoritarian party. The only hope to save our democracy is to vote them out of office!

Thomas W. Hill,  Lansing, Iowa

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home