Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Sunday, April 25, 2021

Earth Day message: Faith and living things

God's Greatest Creation for Us

Opinion letter echo published in the Forth Worth Star-Telegram, in Texas

I try to conserve and care for the environment, although it’s often difficult in our culture. Several months ago, the magazine Population Connection published an article about an American company that plowed down a small forest in China to build a factory. 

When I saw Sunday’s front-page story (Star-Telegram) about the plot in Azle, that was removed to build houses, I was reminded of that. (“Cleared site prompts Azle residents to seek tree rules”)
Residents decry clearing of trees in southwest Fort Worth
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/fort-worth/article250126394.html

When are we going to learn to care for the Earth? This month, one emphasis for our faith communities is creation justice, care for the Earth and living things on it. I wish there were more concern for this wonderful creation God has blessed us with.
 

Why would we not care for God's earth and the living things it sustains?

From Lawrence McGuire, Crowley

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home