Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Saturday, January 30, 2021

Republicans leaving the party because of Trumpziism's evil

'I'm out': Longtime donor quits the GOP - Republicans, because they're 'absolutely' controlled by Trump and (evil) QAnon!

Echo report published in the Raw Story by Roxanne Cooper:
Immigration lawyer Jacob Monty said this week that Trump's deadly Capitol riot was a 'bridge too far' and has now formally quit the GOP. His sentiments were revealed on Friday's CNN episode of "Out Frontwith host Erin Burnett.

In fact, Monty made it clear, that his beef wasn't just with Trump, any longer. 

Monty, who's raised more than $1 million for the GOP, said he watched the Capitol riot and cried.

"Trump owns the party and Trump has always loved the conspiracy theories and this is Trump's party now," Monty told CNN's Burnett.

"I tried for four years to be a 'Never Trumper' in the Republican Party, but it's obvious now, everyone is paying homage to this (evil!) ex-president. No one will stand up to him ... Well, I'm a Texan and I don't lick anyone's boots."


"If Republicans are so blind, that they can defy reality and ignore the legal votes of millions of American citizens, there is no way I can convince them of the rightness of comprehensive immigration reform," he added. "There is simply no room for me in the GOP any longer."


Trump has splintered GOP leadership -- and it could be devastating in the midterm elections: report

Monty briefly served on Trump's Hispanic Advisory Council until the former president delivered an anti-immigration speech, which Monty characterized as a "combative, red-meat nativist stemwinder."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home