Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Donald Trump fails to bring dignity to America- denegrates science and the military

Opinion echo letter published in The Gazette an Iowa newspaper:

A call for dignity in the White House!  Donald Trump does not show compassion. He is a failed creature:

In 2015, Republican Donald Trump said John McCain, a Vietnam War Prisoner of War (POW), wasn’t a war hero. (OMG!) I was incensed! My uncle, Sam Lyle, was a POW in Germany during World War II. I couldn’t believe that any U.S. citizen, regardless of party, would vote for Trump after that outrageous statement!

The Atlantic’s article of Sept. 3 reignited my fury! 

How can a person who disparages military leaders and service members, our veterans, and the fallen who made the ultimate sacrifice be reelected! I also recalled Donald Trump’s nonresponse to this summer’s reports on Russian bounties being paid to kill American troops in Afghanistan.

As a lifelong Democrat who first voted 55 years ago, I ask you to vote for Joe Biden for President. Vice President Joe Biden demonstrates compassion and respect for the military. 
Electing Joe will restore the needed dignity and global leadership to the office of the President.

Patricia A. Ikan, Solon Iowa

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home