Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Donald Trump ignores pandemic public suffering and coronavirus medical science

Trump Is Grossly Unfit to be President
How a single wedding in Millinocket Maine changed the contours of the state's coronavirus outbreak- reported by Charles Eichacker- 
"...a young couple got married at a church in East Millinocket. Afterward, they celebrated the milestone with a 62-person dinner at an inn outside Baxter State Park. So, after a summer in which Maine controlled the coronavirus better than almost every other state, that couple’s fateful decision has spawned the state’s most far-reaching outbreak of COVID-19 to date. It infected at least 123 people and caused secondary outbreaks at a rehabilitation center in Madison, Maine and, more than 200 miles to the south, at the York County, Maine, jail in Alfred. One woman who did not attend the wedding has now died from the disease."

Also, this echo report by ShaCamree Gowdy in the Midland Reporter-Telegram Texas newspaper

Weeks before her death, an El Paso mother received millions of views on her public message saying COVID-19 isn't a joke and pleading with people to never take the little things for granted.

Forty-three-year Sara Montoya, connected to a ventilator and struggling to breathe, went live on Facebook from her hospital bed on July 5 and urged people to take the virus seriously. She passed away about six weeks later on Aug. 13.

“Never in my life did I ever think that I would be fighting for my breath, something that we take for granted every day when we wake up. Please do not put your families at risk. I did the best that I thought I could. It is not worth it. Put your masks on. Don’t go out if you don’t have to,” she said in the video.

“Never in my life did I ever think that I would be fighting for my breath, something that we take for granted every day when we wake up. Please do not put your families at risk. I did the best that I thought I could. It is not worth it. Put your masks on. Don’t go out if you don’t have to,” she said in the video.

Jasmin Chavez told TODAY she was initially embarrassed about her mother's video and asked her to remove it, but "I'm glad she didn’t listen to me. Her video has been viewed over 5 million times and I’m glad people realize this virus is real."

Her mother at first thought she had a simple sinus infection, Chavez said, but by July 1 she had been admitted to the hospital because of COVID-19. A week later, she found out she had staph infection in her lungs.

The 24-year-old is now reaffirming her mother's final message to the public, and encouraging everyone to do all they can to slow the virus's spread.

“I want people to continue to wear their masks, wash their hands, and only leave their house when necessary,” Chavez said. “There is not a cure."


Meanwhile, Donald Trump conducted a "made for reality show television" ostentatious Republican National Committee "cultvention" where wearing masks was not required.  

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home