Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Saturday, June 27, 2020

Wearing a mask is public health science- not political! Opinions support wearing masks

"...wear that mask!...Eleanor Ball in Keene, New Hampshire


Two letters to the editor echoes published in the Keene Sentinel, a New Hampshire newspaper.  By including two letters about the same important issue in one edition of the news shows the level of interest in support of wearing face masks in public to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

Are Americans proud that we lead the world in COVID-19 deaths? 
Apparantly, they hate science?

Studies have shown that masks work in halting the spread of COVID-19 (from 17 percent transmission rate to 3 percent). Going to a grocery store today during their so-called time reserved for at-risk groups, half the customers went without masks, along with a couple of associates.

Ignorance and lack of commitment are killing us.

Science is not political until politicians make it so.

From Matthew Kamarck in Marlow New Hampshire

What is all the fuss about wearing masks?

Personally I don’t like them at all, but in the interest of my fellow man, I do wear them. Because the virus can be asymptomatic, we owe it to others to protect them, just like we want others to wear one to protect us.

At an appointment at the clinic the other day, the folks working the “front line” were so pleasant doing their job that I was prompted to say thank you. The staff inside was just as courteous. It certainly makes their job more difficult because of the masks and face shields, but they do it. Being hard of hearing myself, it’s either laugh and say I can’t hear you or be a jerk and get upset.

We live in a time, my opinion, when just about everyone gets what they want and don’t think of others. Thank goodness there are some who DO think of others. Get on the bandwagon, think of others, wear that mask, help curtail the virus.

From Eleanor Ball in Keene, New Hampshire

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home