Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Election 2020 is not about the economy- echo opinion letters

Comment echos to the editor echo published in Barron's published by Dow Jones & Company news:

I don’t know what will happen in November, but I’ll be surprised if traditional methods of forecasting the election outcomes work this year. I can’t help questioning the election predictions of your (Barron's) Roundtable panelists, who seem oblivious to the preparedness of many Americans, appalled by Donald Trump’s character and behavior, to vote for a candidate they might disagree with (e.g., like a Warren or Sanders) to get rid of a president they can’t stand, which is so evident in the polls of likely voters and Trump’s low approval ratings. This election is more likely to be a referendum on Trump than on the economy. He is uniquely positioned to lose an election that any other president would handily win.

From Don Wittenberger, Shoreline, Wash.


And an addendum echo opinioin posted on Barron's.com:

The economy and circumstances that I witness and experience in south Florida are far less positive than the government reporting suggests. I have struggled with the employment figures since 2009 and have questioned the government’s tracking systems or methods. I believe that the term “underemployment” may a part of the problem.  
John Naccarelli, On Barrons.com

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home