Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Thursday, July 04, 2019

Donald Trump is the King Harley of our time - echo opinion letter

In my opinion, the quote“There's a sucker born every minute.”
― P.T. Barnum, describes all Trump supporters!


This letter to the editor echo was published in the Rockford Register Star, an Illinois newspaper.  Some of the smart narrative has included my editorial editing......

Back in the 1980s, the duly elected “king” of the World Wrestling Federation was “Handsome” Harley Race.

He was a pompous ass. He would be transported on a sedan chair with his huge stomach hanging out, wearing a crown, cape and holding a scepter.

His manager, Bobby “The Brain” Heenan, would proclaim his arrival by demanding the audience stand and display proper respect. Of course, his request was greeted by a massive chorus of boos and catcalls because this king was not worthy of respect and the fans knew it.

I maintain that, like King Harley, the 2019 counterpart, Donald Trump, is likewise undeserving of respect. Moreover, no respect is forthcoming until Trump has earned it. I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

Maine Writer adds: Tragically, there are cult follower people who cry crocodile tears about how Donald Trump gets no respect, especially among the savvy media. But Trump is a creature who has become the King Harley of our time.

Bob Fischer, Rockford Illinois

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home