Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Founding Fathers "all men are created equal"- leaders too

An echo opinion letter published in The Morning Call, in Allentown Pennsylvania 

Donald Trump and his illegal behavior does not put him above the law, just because he and his #fakeBarr attorney general says so.

What would George Washington do?

The Morning Call letter- In the Declaration of Independence, it states “… that all men are created equal." Can anyone picture the Founding Fathers agreeing with the prerogative that a president cannot be indicted while in office? This thought, I believe, would have been inconceivable to them as men of honor dedicated to the country.

What would their words of wisdom be if they were to see the current state of affairs? To mind comes George Washington’s “guard against the impostures of pre
tended patriotism," and, may I add “even those in high places.”

Xavier Faura from Lower Macungie Township, Pennsylvania

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home