Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Idaho echo opinion to Senator Risch with a national point of view

This opinion letter was published in the newspaper Idaho Statesman. Although it is directed at Republican Senator Risch, put an asterisk around the *senator's name* and this series of reader's queries could be sent to all the Senate GOP.

Senator Risch questions

I have researched *Sen. Risch’s** website in hopes that I could find a statement regarding Donald Trump’s latest actions. 

I would like to know:

▪ Are *GOP Senators* supportive of the Trump move in requesting Mr. Sessions step down and appointing Matthew Whitaker to replace him?

▪ Do you *GOP Senators* think that Donald Trump is operating outside the rule of law; if not, why not?

▪ Would *GOP Senators* support legislation to protect the Mueller investigation; if not, why not?

▪ Should (acting AG) Matthew Whitaker be allowed to oversee the Mueller investigation in light of his previous statements?

We may be far apart on our political viewpoints, but I am hopeful we can agree that checks and balances are vital to protecting our democracy. No one is above the law and if there is the slightest indication that our nation’s leaders and Donald Trump are outside of it, legitimate investigations must be carried out.

At the very least, we the people of Idaho *and the nation* have a right to know the views of our political leaders.

Rita Sherman, Garden City, Idaho

*Senator Susan Collins
*Senator Mitch McConnell

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home