Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Republic conservatism has abandoned government - opinion letter from Montana

Bozeman Montana echo opinion letter to the editor:  Republicans have abandoned conservatism and have abandoned their working class base.  This letter was published in the Montana newspaper on line edition of the Missoulian, in Missoula Montana.  

I don't know why the letter isn't in the print edition, but I'll try to spread the message through this blog, on Twitter and other on line platforms.
Republicans like Lindsey Graham were once conservatives but now they've caved to Trumpzism. What happened? (A New York Magazine graphic)
In my 44 years, I have never been so disgusted with politics. In the last presidential election, I could not bring myself to vote for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton. Both were so obviously disconnected from the typical working American’s needs, although Trump and his crony-capitalist and hyper-nationalistic promoters played the better con game. 


Complete Republican control of our federal government has clearly revealed that this incredulously hypocritical party has lost all connection to its purported conservative roots. (We somehow cannot afford socialized medicine, but don’t you dare touch the corporate welfare state.) Beyond coddling the 1 percent, disaffected white males, overt racists, Saudi princes and the military industrial complex, all the Republicans really offer to the struggling white working class is victim-shaming and the fear and hatred of others. This is a convenient distraction as their disconnected, authoritarian and downright incompetent governance bankrupts the country morally and financially.

It’s sadly comical how the Republicans actively undermine the functioning of government, then turn around and claim that we cannot trust our government because it’s so dysfunctional. 

While I may still have my concerns about the corporate Democrats, this fall I will wholeheartedly vote for Jon Tester and Kathleen Williams.

Mark Campanelli,
Bozeman


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home