Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Tuesday, January 02, 2018

My house: New Year opens with less money, but the rich got richer

Just like I have been predicting, the first letter my husband and I received in the New Year beginning 2018, was from our health insurance company. I predicted a rise in our medical co-pays and that's exactly what the letter explained. It's like I had the gift of clairvoyance.

In other words, there's no increase in our family's income when our health insurance co-pays are rising.

This "echo" opinion from the Indianapolis Star obviously underscores this fact.

Letters: Trump's tax reform is no present for most Americans

According to CBS News, Donald Trump last week reportedly told friends at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, “You all just got a lot richer.”

That means 99 percent of us in Indiana did not get a lot richer and many of us that are retired just got poorer. 

My aunt and uncle who live in a nursing home will no longer be able to deduct their massive medical costs and will wind up paying taxes on their pensions. Recently we got our notice of social security increase for 2018 but at the same time we got a Medicare notice of increased costs with a result that the overall income will go down.

What has been left out of the discussion of the tax bill is the vast increase of federal debt that in a few years will result in the need of the government to borrow and the result of driving up of interest rates. That will be a hidden tax on all of us and will cause a recession or worse.

So the Trump Christmas present is not a present for 99 percent of Americans; it is just for his good friends.

Joe Weingarten,
Fishers, Indiana

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home