Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

When America's Attorney Generals told the truth- AG Sessions alert

An echo letter to the editor published in The Charlotte Observer, in North Carolina- remembering a time when US Attorney Generals told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Another in my series of re-blogging opinions found during random searches in various national newspapers.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions swore to uphold the US Constitution when he took the oath of office. He is also supposed to tell the truth
But, Jeff Sessions has crossed the line – twice: (MaineWriter- Remember when Attorney Generals told the truth?)

Therefore, it ought to be ‘game over’ for Sessions- letter to the editor published in The Charlotte Observer

In response to an Observer article “Records contradict Trump and Sessions on Russia disclosures” (Nov. 3): Letter To the Editor

"How many times can one lie under oath and still be Attorney General of the United States?"

Silly me; I assumed if one lied during their confirmation hearing before the U.S. Senate it would be “game over.” Apparently, that is not the case now.  

Whatever the new standard might be, Jeff Sessions surely has to be getting really close to the line.~ Jack Matthews, Charlotte

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home