Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Saturday Night Live - a new way to enjoy "suspense"

Sorry to be dating my media experience to the height of the radio broadcasting era. Nevertheless, I indulge recalling how much my family enjoyed clustering around our "box" to listen with anticipaton to the latest episode of the "Suspense!", weekly story broadcast.


Obviously, "Suspense" was a mystery plot.  Now, the enduring comedy of Saturday Night Live has created a satirical scenario out of the concept of "Suspense", the mirror impact of the old radio plots. In other words, every Saturday night (Live!), the television audiences are watching "in suspense', wondering how clever the show's writers and cast will be in their re-enactments of the previous week's political news.

October 24, 2016, 09:03 am
Tom Hanks says: Trump's 'suspense' comment a 'gift' for 'SNL'
By Rebecca Savransky in The Hill

Actor Tom Hanks on Monday, praised Donald Trump's answer during the 3rd presidential debate of 2016, about whether he would accept the election result as a "gift" for "Saturday Night Live."

"Wednesday night. We're watching the debate on the 17th floor of Thirty Rock. The entire building is shut down, everybody is locked on to monitors," Hanks said.
Image result for tom hanks
Tom Hanks played the moderator Chris Wallace on SNL mock of 3rd presidential debate between Clinton and Trump

"And for 90 minutes, we're going, 'Hey, that's good. 'We could use that,' " Hanks continued.

"And we think, 'Hey, we've done pretty good.' And then, in the last 30 seconds, a gift unto, 'I'll keep you in suspense. I'll let you know the day.' I said, 'Holy cow, this is the high country. They were happy up there.' "

During the 3rd presidential debate, the Republican nominee (Trump) refused to say whether he'd accept the result of the presidential election. 
Instead, he would "look at it at the time."

"The media is so dishonest and so corrupt and the pile on is so amazing, The New York Times wrote an article about it. They don’t even care, it's so dishonest. They’ve poisoned the minds of the voters, but unfortunately for them, I think the voters are seeing through it," Trump said.

Trump said he’ll keep Americans in "suspense" as to whether he'd accept the result of the election.

Hanks played moderator Chris Wallace in the show's spoof of the third debate in the SNL skit.

When asked in the spoof of the debate if he would accept the results of the election, the actor playing Trump said: "I will look at it at the time, because frankly, this whole thing is rigged.

"Even the media, everyday I turn on the news and all of the newscasters are making me look so bad."

"And how are we doing that?" Hanks asked.

"By taking all of the things I say, and all of the things I do, and putting them on TV," the character playing Trump responded.

Tom Hanks mocks Trump supporters in 'SNL' skit

Image result for laughing graphic

"Suspense" isn't supposed to be so funny!


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home