Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Friday, May 20, 2016

Nazi Kristallnacht and the Donald Trump deportation plan

In my opinion, only ignorant people will vote for Donald Trump. 
Former Massachusettes Gov. William Weld says "Never Trump".

Comparisoms between Naziism and Donald Trump's clarion call about "making America great again" continues to raise the spectre of the horrible series of events that led to Adolf Hitler's Holocaust. Indeed, "making American great again" is a euphamism for deportation of immigrants and genocide.


Former Massachusetts Gov. William Weld waded into the murky waters of comparing current political events to the Holocaust on Thursday, when he likened Donald Trump's plan to deport millions of illegal immigrants to the Nazi Kristallnacht horror..

"I can hear the glass crunching on Kristallnacht in the ghettos of Warsaw and Vienna when I hear that, honestly," Mr. Weld told The New York Times, referencing the two-day assault against Jews by Nazis in 1938.

"My Kristallnacht analogy does evoke the Nazi period in Germany. And that's what I'm worried about: a slippery slope."

On Wednesday, Weld agreed to become the vice-presidential running mate of Gary Johnson, the Libertarian Party candidate and former governor of New Mexico.

Trump, in one of his most controversial proposals, has vowed to begin rounding up and shipping out undocumented immigrants if he becomes the commander-in-chief.

But Weld said he wouldn't call Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, a fascist or a Nazi.
Yellowbadge logo.svg
Anti-Semitism was exacerbated by Nazis
"I'm just saying, we have to watch it when we get exclusionary about people on account of their status as a member of a group."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home