Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Monday, February 23, 2015

Retrospective Democratic 2014 analysis misses something

You needn't be a political scientist to cruise the social networking e-world. In my opinion, the Democrats lost in 2014, because they refused to participate in the social networking world with a push back on the vitriolic messaging by right wing extremists.  

Although my opinion sounds simplistic, I challenge those who dispute my logic to spend time responding to social media right wingers. They fuel each other like relay torches and squelch those of us who try to participate in their rhetoric, using reasonable reality.

The Christian Science Monitor reports:

(Among the reasons) for Democrat losses (2014), of course – include lack of a “cohesive narrative,” according to the tack force, which in turn “impedes the party’s ability to develop and maintain a lifelong dialogue and partnership with voters.”

"So many people can rattle off easily and succinctly what it means to be a Republican,” said Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the Florida congresswoman who chairs the Democratic National Committee (DNC). “The perception of what it means to be a Democrat has really evolved to be a laundry list of policy statements and disparate ideas.”

Exactly! Right wing "tweeters" can put the GOP message into 140 characters. It's like writing the Declaration of Independence on a pea. Nevertheless, reasonable thinkers can also respond to the vengeance in 140 characters, too. Unfortunately, very few reasonable people are obsessed enough with pushing back against the spewing venom of right wing social media monsters.

Democrats need to forcefully speak up for the administration and the party’s values, Connecticut Gov. Dan Malloy said.

"Whenever we let the other guys talk the way they talk about our president, about our leadership, about our values, we're going to lose,” he said, adding that too many Democrats try to be "Republicans lite." (Democrats cannot allow this!!)

But Republicans understand the Democratic psyche and they're laughing in 140 twitter characters or less. Frankly, I don't believe Democrats know anything about responding to right wing social media talk.  Democrats speak in prose while right wing thinkers use bumper sticker responses. "There you go again!", said President Ronald Reagan. A simple conceptual response, in about 20 characters and President Reagan left his opponents speechless. 

"...we have some catching up to do..." said Wasserman-Schultz.

Honestly, I've offered to help the Democrats with their social media messaging. Unfortunately, they're spending millions on high paid consultants who don't have a clue about how to push back on right wing social media nuts. In fact, I've spoken to Ms. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz personally when she was in Portland, Maine.

I'm available to help. 

My opinion about how the Democrats lost in 2014, is simplistic. Nevertheless, I'm in the heat of social media every day   and those intellectual campaign consultants aren't with me, because, if they were, I'd know them.  Indeed, the Democrats are missing the social media messaging and if this continues the 2016 campaign will mirror the mid term elections.  Call me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home