Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Saturday, July 27, 2024

Marine Corporal JD Vance, "This is fine mess you've gotten GOP into"

Laurel and Hardy comedy line "Another fine mess..."
Echo report published in the Columbus Dispatch by Amelia Robinson.
Former Marine Corporal JD Vance thinks Jennifer Aniston's vote should count less. Actress Jennifer Aniston said, "I am a childless cat lady, but I respect Martha and George's decision to love dogs, birds and her biological children and grandchildren. They had a right to their choice."
https://www.dispatch.com/story/opinion/columns/2024/07/26/jd-vance-cat-lady-comments-jennifer-aniston-ivf/74543387007/

#PresidentGeorgeWashington did not have biological children but they were partners when raising Martha's children at Mount Vernon.

U.S. Sen. JD Vance of Ohio and his disdain for the childless — cat ladies in particular — has me thinking about the talented actress Jennifer Aniston and the two things America's first president George Washington and I have in common.

Vance's supporters say his words at the conservative Intercollegiate Studies Institute in 202, were taken out of context, but they are not.

Here is what he said. “When you go to the polls in this country as a parent, you should have more power,” the Republican nominee for vice president (IOW a Presient in Waiting) said, reported in the Washington Post and a resurfaced in a video posted on X, formerly Twitter. 

“You should have more of an ability to speak your voice in our democratic republic than people who don’t have kids. Let’s face the consequences and the reality. If you don’t have as much of an investment in the future of this country, maybe you shouldn’t get nearly the same voice.”

“When you go to the polls in this country as a parent, you should have more power,” the Republican nominee for vice president said according to the Washington Post and a resurfaced video posted on X, formerly Twitter. “You should have more of an ability to speak your voice in our democratic republic than people who don’t have kids. Let’s face the consequences and the reality. If you don’t have as much of an investment in the future of this country, maybe you shouldn’t get nearly the same voice.”


Like George Washington, I am childless. Like George Washington, I am invested in this nation's future.

I am not sure when George Washington accepted he'd never have children of his own, but the George Washington Presidential Library at Mount Vernon has records that indicate it was something that eventually happened.

I don't know exactly when I completely accepted the fact either.

The roller coaster that was my infertility hit its last hill eight years ago when an ultrasound revealed 70 fibroid tumors in my uterus. 

My kind and compassionate fertility doctor urged me to get a hysterectomy immediately, worrying that the sheer number may have indicated a rare cancer. It thankfully did not.

Vance called Harris childless cat lady.Where does he stand on family issues?

I speak so freely about infertility, a subject once never spoke about in polite society, for four simple reasons.
  1. It was a medical issue.
  2. There's nothing taboo about the female body.
  3. Men like Vance have made it their business to control women's reproduction while criticizing women who can't or don't want to reproduce.
  4. Silence is deadly.
I am a selfish, childless cat lady.🐱😸😻😲😳

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home