Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Saturday, May 04, 2024

Presidential immunity? The US Supreme Court is on a different planet

Trumpti-Dumpti #fakenews! immunity
Opinion letter published in the Houston Chronicle
Regarding "Supreme Court will decide whether Trump is immune from federal prosecution. Here's what's next," (April 22): The Supreme Court said it would decide this question: “Whether and if so to what extent does a former president enjoy presidential immunity from criminal prosecution for conduct alleged to involve official acts during his tenure in office.”

OMG! Guess I must be living on a different planet than the US Supreme Court because I don’t understand how any of the indictments presented by special counsel Jack Smith could be considered official presidential acts? 

If the Supreme Court is starting from an incorrect premise, how can their deliberations be pertinent to Donald Trump’s immunity case❓

The immunity issue needs to be resolved as soon as possible, and this case brought to trial and decided before election day

Even though a convicted criminal is not prohibited from running for president of the United States, I, for one, do not want a criminal to be my president. From Dave DiCamillo, in Tomball, Texas


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home