Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Dysfunction in Congress with Kevin McCarthy's failed leadership

"...people are leaving the Republican Party. We can’t expect much more than hearings and grandstanding, while nothing gets done."

To the editor
of the Los Angeles Times: The spectacle of House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Bakersfield, CA) begging his right-wing faction to let him be king for a day was pathetic.
"...Yes, I sold him my soul. That is what I am afraid of. To whom did I sell it? That is what I am afraid," João Guimarães Rosa a Brazilian novelist, short story writer and diplomat.

Republicans have had two years to figure out who their leader was to be if they took the House. McCarthy’s claim that he is going to show us how to govern is laughable; his GOP (Growing Old Party) is a political party that cannot even govern itself.
Speaker Kevin McCarthy is a puppet but, at any time, the right wing cult extremists can cut his strings.
The next two years will be a spectacle of ineffectiveness, chaos and lunacy until these extreme fanatics are kicked out.

From Phil Kirk, Encinitas, California

To the editor: The attack on the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021, was a sickening display of arrogance and greed on the part of then-President Trump. The election of McCarthy as speaker, turning our nation over to a handful of ultra-right-wing GOP members, shows the same thirst for power at any cost.

Our democracy is in deep danger. The election in 2024, is our only hope of saving the United States.

Eileen McDargh Elvins, Dana Point, California

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home