Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Calling Senator Ted Cruz is a waste of time

Letter: Calling Ted Cruz: "Now, if I were a gun lobbyist giving Ted over $400,000 in contributions, Ted would be more receptive...."

Opinion letter echo published in the Longview News-Journal, a newspaper published in Longview, Texas.

Rafael Edward Cruz was born on December 22, 1970, at Foothills Medical Centre in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, to Eleanor Elizabeth (née Darragh) Wilson and Rafael Cruz. Rafael Bienvenido Cruz y Díaz (born March 22, 1939) is a Cuban-American Protestant preacher and the father of Texas U.S. Senator Ted Cruz. Donald Trump referred to Cruz as a “Canadian anchor baby”, at a town hall rally in New Hampshire.

When I have called Ted Cruz’s D.C. office to leave a comment, this is what I experienced over several months.
The Ted Cruz Goldman Sachs Loan, Explained

First you hear Senator Cruz in his most smarmiest voice saying what an honor and privilege it was to serve the great state of Texas, and he looked forward to hearing thoughts and concerns about issues.

Then press 1 to leave a comment. After listening to Ted again, the message goes to a box that can’t accept any more messages. If it happened once, I would chalk it up to a temporary anomaly, but it occurred over several months. So it occurred to me that maybe Sen. Cruz is not interested so much in my thoughts and concerns.


Now, of course, if I were a gun lobbyist, giving Ted over $400,000 in contributions, Ted would be more receptive, I assume. (National Rifle Association- NRA, and gun rights groups. are best friends with Ted Cruz!)

Actually, Sen. Cruz received that much, which was the largest amount for any Congress person from the gun lobby. 
Sadly, the Cruz fake solution to the school shooting in Uvalde Texas was to hire more police.

It seems 19 officers weren’t enough. 

And Sen. Cruz seems equally receptive to the military industrial complex lobby, with support for a continuous increase in Pentagon spending. 

But about my concerns, Cruz is obviously not so much interested. 
Will Rogers: “Politics has got so expensive that it takes lots of money to even get beat with nowadays.” DT #1538, June 28, 1931.

—From Jerry King, in Longview, Texas 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home