Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Friday, June 24, 2022

The Big Lie reality check in Texas

Face the truth!   The Dallas Morning News

Echo opinion letter published in the The Dallas Morning News
I enjoyed your half page of letters concerning the January 6 hearings. I find it incredible that even after all the compelling evidence that has been shown, some readers still can’t believe what their eyes and ears tell them is true. Their bogus arguments boil down to two premises:

1. We should ignore the first-hand evidence brought out by the committee and not worry about the attempt to throw out the lawful votes and the will of the people and attack members of Congress, because we need to focus instead on worldwide inflation, oil prices, the falling stock market and the 20-plus-year-old immigration issue.
Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, center, testifies as the House select committee investigating the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol on June 21, 2022, as Arizona House Speaker Rusty Bowers, left, and Georgia Deputy Secretary of State Gabriel Sterling, right, look on. (J. Scott Applewhite / ASSOCIATED PRESS)

2. We should reject their evidence because it is “partisan.” There are no pro-Donald Trump members on the committee. The fact that Trump’s attorney general, campaign manager, his own daughter and many of his own staff admitted that the “Big Lie” is a big lie can’t be real because the committee just doesn’t like Trump.

Sorry, I can’t buy either one. I like to live in reality.

Julie B. Morgan, Keller


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home