Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Roman Catholics must look to the human condition and avoid culture wars

Echo letter to the editor published in the Tulsa World newspaper, in Oklahoma!

Maine Writer- As a registered nurse and a practicing Roman
Catholic woman, I support this echo opinion letter written by 
Deryl Pais, in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

“Morality is seldom a safe guide for human conduct.”
― Penelope Fitzgerald, The Bookshop.


So, Deryl Pais writes, "I was baptized a Catholic on fifth day after I was born. My three uncles were priests, and two aunts were nuns. 

I was the altar boy of the diocese of Mangalore in the year 1955.

"I am appealing to the good Catholics of Oklahoma, if you want to reduce the abortions, then we need to reduce unwanted pregnancies.

"One way is through promoting abstinence from sex. But even the Catholic clergy have found this not working. Other one is through promoting birth control. Catholic doctrine forbids that.

"During the Zika outbreak in Brazil, Pope Francis suggested women to delay pregnancies, for which the Catholic Bishops of America accused him of promoting birth control.

"One more item I want appeal to my Catholic family, is that of gays and lesbians. They have a right for some happiness.

"Again, I recall a meeting the Pope had with a man from Portugal when he confessed of being gay. You were born that way; pray and be good to others. These are human issues, not political. Politicians are using these issues with no concern for human suffering."

Maine Writer post script:  Amen!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home