Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Sunday, March 21, 2021

Republicans must be accountable for misplaced Trump loyalty

Republican disheartened by GOP's loyalty to Trump over democracy opinion echo published in The Reflector newspaper in Battle Ground, Washington.  

I am truly disheartened, even scared, by the focus of those in the Republican Party who have placed loyalty to Donald Trump above loyalty to our country and our democracy.
Where is the Republican Party’s outrage over Trump’s lies, his lack of a moral compass, his pandering to radicals, his support of disinformation campaigns waged by citizens and foreign interests, and his flagrant campaign to gain political power by fomenting class warfare and pandering to fear and prejudice ?

I applaud and commend Congresswoman Jaime Herrera Beutler and others for their vote to impeach the Former Guy Trump. I urge the Republican Party to step up and support candidates and legislators like Congresswoman Herrera Beutler, who work for solutions, not for revenge.


I am a concerned grandfather who has voted Republican for over 40 years, but not now.

From Wade Boyd 
Longview, Washington

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home