Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Monday, December 28, 2020

Exposing Racism - Donald Trump is a big and evil racist problem

Donald Trump enabled racism. In my opinion, racism is the insidious manifestation of evil.

Exposing racism
Dear Editor : 

Thanks extend to columnist Michelle Singletary, for courage and devotion to helping readers understand the devastating effects of racism (“Not all readers yet get ‘racism,’ ” Dec. 20). 

In fact, it takes guts to keep at it, as she has, and I want her to know, there are many readers who are appreciative of her efforts and appreciated The Press Democrat, a newspaper, for printing her columns.

As a middle-aged white woman, I can’t know what it is to experience racism. Yet, reading and listening to Singletary and other people of color can help me and like-minded allies understand how racism affects every part of life and how to be better advocates.

It falls upon all of us to help spread the word, to shine a light on racism and to show support, especially in the face of negative responses and attacks. The fact that these exist as much as they do, indeed at all, shows us we still have much work to do.

From Irene Barnard, in Santa Rosa, California 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home