Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Sunday, June 02, 2019

Donald Trump and superficial Evangelical following


Opinion echo letter published in the Rhode Island Providence Journal:  
In asserting that “God’s hand was at work” in Donald Trump’s election vividly reflects the dangerous superficiality of conservative theology.
Un-Christian Evangelicals employ childish anthropomorphism*;  they presume a malevolent deity, and prove “evangelists” are not the “bearers of good news”; rather, they are blasphemers (mock religion) of the spiritual entity they pretend to represent.
Tom Hall from Foster Rhode Island
*anthropomorphismthe attribution of human characteristics or behavior to a god, animal, or object.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home