Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Sunday, March 24, 2019

Double speak in "Trump speak"- An echo opinion from Kansas

An echo opinion letter written by Pat Davidson, published in the Leavenworth Times, a Kansas newspaper.  

Used to deceive usually through concealment or misrepresentation of truth
Dear Editor:  Donald Trump is such a weirdly interesting fellow. A couple of weeks ago, he declared a national emergency and used his executive powers to override congressional budget authority so that he can build his wall. 

Later at a press conference, he stated that “I didn’t need to do this, but I’d rather do it much faster.”

OK, he doesn’t need to declare a national emergency, but does it anyway because he wants to build a wall faster.

Then, in acknowledging that he was unable to work a deal with North Korea, he stated that “I’d much rather do it right than do it fast.” I can appreciate that. I would want any treaty with a nuclear-armed dictator done right. But what is right about declaring a national emergency that wasn’t needed, using executive powers that the president has earlier stated shouldn’t be used and may actually be unconstitutional in its assumption of congressional budget authority?

I have already sent emails to all three of my national representatives, all Republican, about doing something to reassert congressional authority over the use of taxpayer funds. 

In fact, I sent them after the president declared his national emergency. To date, I have had no response other than the automatic responses from both senators’ email. 

Rep. Steve Watkins has not responded personally, but he did vote against the House action to end the national emergency, so I guess I’ve got my response. (MaineWriter- Watkins is a whimp!)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home