Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Monday, December 24, 2018

Veterans not receiving care they need - opinion from Colorado

Echo letter to the editor published in the Colorado newspaper "The Gazette"

Veterans not getting needed care
I read an article in the Washington Post today on veteran suicides.

I was appalled that: “VA set aside $6.2 million this year alone to advertise its crisis hotline...But as of September, the agency had spent $57,000...”.


Men and women who have sacrificed for their country will not get the care they need because “The GAO* blamed ... instability that has consumed the agency for more than a year ... and ... rudderless leadership left staff working on suicide prevention without clear direction.”

While staff members worry about their cushy jobs, veterans die in unheard of numbers. They are forgotten. Is this the way to repay their sacrifice? I don’t think that’s right, and I hope you don’t either!

From
Jude T. Brock  Woodland Park Colorado

*GAO- US Government Accountability Office

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home