Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Friday, July 13, 2018

Echo from North Platte Telegraph in Nebraska ~ Mueller & democracy

Opinion letter to the editor published in The North Platte Telegraph calls Congress to support the Constitution and the rule of law, rather than cover up the investigative work of the Mueller investigation that's charged with upholding our nation's democracy.

I’m writing to express my belief that Special Counsel Robert Mueller needs to be allowed to finish the job he was appointed to do.

The Constitution has guided our country for more than 200 years and ensures that no one is above the law. The American people need to be assured that the rules of democracy cannot be undermined and the rule of law applies across the board, regardless of the party in power. Our country’s commitment to the consistent application of the rule of law, no matter who is impacted, is one of the things that sets us apart globally.

The Republican Party’s dedication to the rule of law is exactly why Mueller should be allowed to finish his investigation. If we want this administration to be successful, especially with regard to trade agreements and the global economy, this process must be allowed to have an orderly conclusion, which I hope comes soon.

Nicole Mattox from Gretna, Nebraska

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home