Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Tuesday, July 03, 2018

Donald Trump ~ evil deeds: Opinion echo from El Paso Texas

Inhumane treatment at border must stop

El Paso Times, Texas - Silence is complicity!  I can no longer remain silent in the wake of Donald Trump’s racist actions against undocumented immigrants seeking asylum at the border. Trump, along with his henchman Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, have and continue to yank children from their mothers' arms, some as young as a year old. The actions of the United States government in initiating such evil deeds brought to mind my own ancestral history.

My father was 2 months old when he was brought to this country, almost 100 years ago. I can only imagine the agony and suffering my grandparents would have endured if their only son had been ripped from their soothing and loving arms.

That 2-month-old baby became a man and went on to serve in the U.S. Army during World War II. His service included action at Normandy and throughout Europe, to defeat the evil Nazi regime. My father earned two purple hearts and five bronze stars in defense of this country.

My father was proud of his service, but above all, he was proud of the only country he knew, the United States of America.

May Donald J. Trump enjoy his five deferments at the expense of children like my dad. I know my dad would not begrudge the 45th president of the United States his freedom, but he would certainly have something to say about his evil deeds. This barbaric inhumane treatment of children and parents must stop!

Jesus Martine Jr.  East El Paso Texas

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home