Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Immigration and Americanism

Immigrant families helped make this country ~ letter to the editor ~ an "echo" from The Charlotte Observer


N.C. lawmakers must speak up on Donald Trump

Enough is enough!  

I’m an American and my family originally came from the “shithole” country of Palestine. 

Proudly my father served in the U.S. Army, put himself through college, raised six kids who are contributing members of society, and has eight grandchildren who are, or will be, contributing.

I also have a son and daughter-in-law who are foreign service officers serving in what President Trump would consider another “shithole” country (Pakistan) to keep this country safe.
Immigrants are what made this country. 

When will Senator Thom Tillis and Senator Richard Burr, or Rep. Robert Pittenger, speak up?

It’s past time they did something about Donald Trump.

Debra Phelps, Charlotte NC

MaineWriter ~ Being an immigrant means being American!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home