Maine Writer

Its about people and issues I care about.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topsham, MAINE, United States

My blogs are dedicated to the issues I care about. Thank you to all who take the time to read something I've written.

Thursday, September 17, 2026

Donald Trump is a selfish creature who lies about everything and very wrong to criticize Canada and our Canadian neighbors

Letter: It’s wrong to take on our friends in Canada
Donald Trump's short-sighted incompetent policy overlooks generations of cooperation.
Echo opinion letter published in the Pennsylvania Reading Eagle:

I hope we all remember that the first safe place of rest and peace for Americans coming from Europe on September 11, 2001, and after was our neighbor Canada. 

The kind and caring friends in Newfoundland and Nova Scotia housed and cared for foreign travelers for weeks. They never mentioned tariffs from the United States or that Donald Trump called them very impolite and rude names. They just loved us without thinking about their own fears and sadness.

I grew up in Detroit, where Canada was a bridge or ferry away. We shared Great Lakes summer vacations; we took trips to see another country where they looked just like us and smiled more.

9/11 is hard to bear 25 years later. Many of us are ashamed by how we treat our northern and southern neighbors. Have patience with us.
This ill will cannot last must longer. 

From Gail Dawson-White in Wyomissing Borough Pennsylvania

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home